Forest of Reading Kid & Teen Committees
Kid and Teen Committee Reading Lists!
Now the 2021 program is over, check out our summer reading lists as chosen by our Kid Committee (Silver Birch and Red Maple) and our Teen Committee (White Pine) to keep your readers reading through the summer.
Continue to support the Forest of Reading and purchase these titles through our official wholesaler and sponsor, Tinlids!
Download the 2021 Kid Committee Summer Reading List for Red Maple and the Printable Poster
About the Kid and Teen Committee
- The Forest of Reading program releases summer reading lists for kids and teens that our Kid and Teen Committees put together every spring. We invite avid readers who are in Grades 4 to 6, Grades 7 and 8, and high school to join three separate committees and share their opinions on Canadian books for kids and teens.
Applications are closed for 2021.
Meeting Dates: *committee meetings will be held on Zoom.
- May 4, 2021: Kid Committee – Silver Birch
- May 5, 2021: Kid Committee – Red Maple
- May 6, 2021: Teen Committee – White Pine
About the Kid and Teen Committees:
We will bring together three groups of passionate readers to select a list of 10-20 books for other students their age throughout Canada. This group will advocate for their favourite books and work with teachers and library staff to engage in great conversations about Canada’s best new books.
The day runs from 9am-12:30pm virtually (Zoom). Participants will have an amazing day with other avid readers!
For more information, please contact the Director of the Forest of Reading, Meredith Tutching.
Past Summer Reading Lists:
- Kid Committee Summer Reading List | Poster (11″ x 17″)
- Teen Committee Summer Reading List | Poster (11″ x 17″)